Moon Lamp Causes House Fire

Fire caused by rechargeable battery

Hampstead, Md. (DG) – The battery on the moon lamp caused $5000 worth of damage in a house fire in Carroll County

Firefighters responded to 927 Gaming Square in Hampstead for a townhouse fire around 6:30 PM on Monday.

Investigators say the fire was in a second-floor bedroom, and started due to a failure of the rechargeable lithium-ion battery in a moon light lamp.

A woman was transported to Shock Trauma in Baltimore for a smoke inhalation.