One was a WV man for soliciting sex from a minor.
Frederick, Md (KM) A Charles Town, West Virginia man was one of 11 people indicted on Friday by the Frederick County Grand Jury. The panel charged Nicholas Miller, 26, with three counts of sexual solicitation of a minor.
Miller was arrested in August after agreeing to come to Frederick County to have sex with someone he believed was a 13-year-old girl he contacted on social media. It turned out it was a Frederick County Sheriff’s Deputy posing as a minor. Authorities say at the time of his arrest, Miller was out on bail on four counts of proposing sex to a minor in Fairfax County, Virginia.
The Grand Jury also indicted:
* Jonathan K. Shevock, 29, of Clear Spring, Md. for two counts of illegal possession of a firearm with a prior conviction for a crime of violence; two counts of illegal possession of a firearm after being convicted of a disqualifying crime; two counts of knowingly altering a firearm’s i.d.; two counts of having a handgun in a vehicle; one count of having a handgun on his person; two counts of 2nd-degree assault; resisting and interfering with an arrest; failure to obey the lawful order of a police officer; possession of psilocybin; possession of fentanyl; possession of heroin; possession of THC wax; possession of more than ten grams of marijuana; possession of paraphernalia (digital scales for marijuana); and possession of paraphernalia (a metal spoon for heroin) for an incident which occurred on May 6th, 2019.
* Jermaine Reed, 25, of Frederick, Md. for 4th degree burglary of a dwelling; 3rd-degree burglary; 2nd-degree assault; malicious destruction of property over $1,000; and disorderly conduct for an incident which occurred on August 3rd, 2019.
* Nelvin Alexander Arevalo, 20, of Monrovia, Md. for ten counts of distribution of child pornography, and five counts of possession of child pornography for incidents which occurred on July 5, 2017, October 31st, 2017, December 17th, 2017, December 25th-27th, 2017, May 28th, 2018, and June 7th through the 8th, 2018.
* Young Jin Kim, 28, of Frederick, Md for promotion and distribution of child pornography, and possession of child pornography for an incident which occurred on May 5th, 2018.
* Marlin Elijah Graham, 20, of Silver Spring, Md. for 2nd-degree rape and sexual abuse of a minor for an incident which occurred on August 11th, 2019.
* Travis Jermaine Hinton, 35, of Woodsboro, Md for two counts of 1st-degree assault; two counts of 2nd-degree assault; and two counts of reckless endangerment for an incident which occurred on September 1st, 2019.
* Jocques Ishiah Bowie, 26, of Frederick, Md. for 3rd-degree assault, 2nd-degree assault; and malicious destruction of property of less than $1,000 for an incident which occurred on August 12th, 2019.
* Ryan R. Rupert, 19,. Frederick, Md, for possession with intent to distribute tetrahydrocannabinoid, possession with intent to distribute, and possession of marijuana over ten grams for an incident which occurred on August 12th,2019.
* Wayne Grayson Brown II, 30, of New Market, Md. for two counts of sex abuse of a minor; 2nd-degree rape; and two counts of 3rd-degree sex offense for incidents which occurred from July 1st, 2019 to August 21st, 2019.
* Ladell Cortez Henson, 26, of Frederick, Md, for two counts of 2nd-degree rape; 1st-degree assault; and 2nd-degree assault for an incident which occurred on July 16th, 2019.
These indictments move these cases to the Circuit Court where a trial date will be scheduled.
Prosecutors also say these indictments are not a finding of guilt, and all defendants are innocent until proven guilty.
By Kevin McManus