They will be closed November 28-29
Frederick, MD – Frederick County government offices will be closed for thanksgiving this week November 28-29.
The offices will reopen and return to regular office hours on December 2.
- Animal Control and Adoption Center will close at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 27, be closed on Thanksgiving, and open from 8 a.m. -5 p.m. on Nov. 29 with the showing of animals and adoptions from 10 a.m. -5 p.m.
Details: visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/animalcontrolor call 301-600-1546.
- The landfill facilities will be closed on Thanksgiving and there will be nocurbside recyclingpick-up. Recycling will shift one day later than the normal schedule for the remainder of the week.The Landfill and Reichs Ford Road Recycling Center will be open normal hours Nov. 29-30.
Details: visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/recycleor call 301-600-2960.
- Frederick County Public Libraries will close at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 27, and will remain closed on Thursday, Nov. 28, and Friday, Nov. 29.
Details: visit www.FCPL.orgor call 301-600-1630.
- State offices will be closed Nov. 28 -29, including the Frederick County Board of Elections, Department of Social Services and Health Department.
Details: www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/elections,www.dhs.maryland.govand www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/HealthDept, respectively.
- TransIT Services-On Nov. 28, 2019, TransIT services will not be in operation. MARC Train and the MTA 204, 505/515 Commuter Bus will not operate. On Nov. 29, TransIT-plus (demand response) service will not operate. All peak bus service will not operate. All other Connector and Shuttle bus service will operate on regular schedule. MTA 204, 505/515 Commuter Bus will NOT operate. MARC train will not operate.
Details:301-600-2065, visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/TransITor refer to the Rider Bulletin
By Timothy Young