House Fire Last Week In Frederick Ruled Accidental

One of the occupants of the home died last weekend.



Frederick, Md (KM) County Fire Marshals say the cause of a house fire in Frederick last week that claimed the life of one of its occupants was accidental due to combustibles too close to a burning candle.

Fire fighters were called to the home on Wilson Place on Tuesday, December 10th just before 7:00 AM, and were met by a man that lived in the home who said two women were still inside. They were rescued.

Fire officials say one of the women was taken to Frederick Health Hospital and later to Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center in Baltimore where she died last weekend. The Medical Examiner’s Office says the cause of death of smoke inhalation. The second woman was also taken to Bayview Medical Center where she remains.

Authorities say they’re not releasing the name of the woman who died out of respect for the victims. They also say they’re expressing sympathy for the victims for their loss.


By Kevin McManus