House Fire In Westminster Ruled Accidental

Damages total more than $40,000.


Westminster, Md (KM) An unattended candle is being blamed for a house fire in Westminster Saturday night.

30 fire fighters responded to 676 Spring Meadow Drive shortly after 8:30 PM for a two-story, single family home on fire. It took them 30-minutes to bring the flames under control. No one was injured.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says damage is estimated at $25,000 to the structure and $15,000 to the contents. .

Investigators have ruled the fire accidental.   It originated in the basement of the home and was discovered by the occupants.


By Kevin McManus