Cracked Pipe Causes Westminster Home Fire

No injuries were reported.

Westminster, MD – Firefighters responded to reports of a house fire in Westminster on Monday afternoon.

30 firefighters from Westminster Fire Company responded to the 1300 block of Washington Road in Westminster around 12:11 p.m and brought the fire under control in about 10 minutes.

There was one occupant in the house at the time of the fire, but they were able to escape along with their dog and cat without injury.

A cracked flue pipe is the suspected cause of the fire which originated around the roof and the rear porch, causing an estimated total of $50,000 to the structure and its contents.