Highway crews will be doing repairs on the span.
Frederick, Md (KM) The Frederick County Division of Public Works’ Office of Transportation Engineering has closed the bridge which takes Bullfrog Road over the Monocacy River. Officials say the closure was due to safety concerns regarding the bridge structure.
The Office of Highway Operations and Office of Transportation Engineering will be doing repairs which are expected to take several weeks. . Emergency personnel and school system officials have been notified.
Traffic is being detoured to Route 140, Bollinger School Road, and Bullfrog Road.
The bridge was built in 1908, and rehabilitated in 1996 and 2010. It’s a single span steel through truss bridge with a camelback design. The spring lane bridge has a length of 183-feet, with a width of 13-feet. It’s has a posted weight limit of 30,000 pounds.
By Kevin McManus