Fire At Boonsboro Home Monday Labeled Accidental

It was caused by an overheated generator.



Boonsboro, Md (KM) One fire fighter suffered minor injuries while battling a house fire Monday morning in Boonsboro.

Shortly after 10:00 AM, fire fighters responded to 6600 GIlardi Drive for a two-story, single family home on fire. It took them 20-minutes to bring the flames under control.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says damage is estimated at $45,000 to the structure, and $5,000 to the contents. .

Investigators say the fire originated under the outside rear deck of the home. The fire is labeled as accidental due an enclosed generator that overheated.



By Kevin McManus