Electronic Cigarette Responsible For Fire In Mount Airy

The fire caused $6,000 in damage

Mount Airy, Md. (DG) – An electronic cigarette is responsible for a fire in Mount Airy on Friday afternoon.

Firefighters responded to the 5100 block of Perry Road for a fire in a home shortly before 4 PM.

It took fire crews a few minutes to put the flames out. Investigators say the fire started in a bedroom, and was caused by an unspecified electrical event with an electronic cigarette.

There were no injuries. Damage is estimated at $6,000.