Improperly Discarded Cigarettes Labeled As Cause Of House Fire

Total Damage estimated at $50,000.


Hagertown, Md (KM) A fire which damaged a house in Hagerstown last Friday afternoon is being labeled accidental due to  improperly discarded cigarettes.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says 33 fire fighters were dispatched to 11326 Dogwood Drive, and spent 35-minutes bringing the flames under control. No injuries were reported.

Investigators say the fire originated in a rear bedroom and was discovered by the owner..

Damage is estimated at $40,000 to the structure, and $10,000 to the contents. .



By Kevin McManus