The cause was accidental.
Westminster, Md (KM) Fire damaged a home in Westminster on Thursday morning.
The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says 30 fire fighters responded to the 1800 block of Benedict Road shortly before 9:30 AM and found a two-story, log cabin single-family home on fire. They spent 20-minutes bringing the flames under control. No one was hurt.
Damage is estimated at $20,000. .
The Fire Marshal’s Office says the fire was accidental due to an unspecified event involving a heat lamp and a chicken pen.
By Kevin McManus