House Fire In Washington County Ruled Accidental

No one was injured.







Hagerstown, Md (KM) The cause of a house fire in the Hagerstown area early Sunday morning has been labeled accidental.

The State Fire Marshal’s Office says fire fighters were dispatched to a two-story, wood framed home at 12660 McDade Road at around 5:46 AM, and spent 30-minutes bringing the flames under control. No one was injured.

Damage is estimated at $15,000 to the structure, and $5,000 to the contents. .

Investigators say the fire originated in a second-floor craft room. They say a resident discarded a cigarette into a cardboard receptacle which then ignited other combustible materials nearby.


By Kevin McManus