Photo courtesy Md. State Fire Marshal’s Office
The fire originated in the laundry room.
Manchester, Md (KM) Damage from a house fire in Carroll County on Sunday is estimated at $150,000.
The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says just after 11:00 AM, fire fighters were dispatched to the 2500 block of Bachmans Valley Road in Manchester for a fire in a three-story, single family home. . It was a one-alarm fire which included at tanker task force.
50 fire fighters spent one hour bringing the flames under control. No one was injured.
The Fire Marshal’s Office says the fire originated in the laundry room, and that’s where it was contained as a result of the laundry room door being closed.
An occupant of the house discovered the fire after seeing lights flickering on and off, and the smoke alarm sounding.
The cause is being labeled accidental.
By Kevin McManus