Fire Damages Home In Westminster

Office of the State Fire Marshal Patch

One fire fighter was injured.

Westminster, Md (KM) Damage is estimated at $100,000 from a house fire in Westminster early Tuesday morning.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says fire fighters responded to the 2100 block of LIttlestown Pike shortly after midnight, and saw a two-story  residence on fire. They spent one-hour bringing the flames under control.

One fire fighter was injured, but refused treatment at the scene.

Investigators say the fire originated on an exterior deck. The cause is considered accidental  due to discarded ashes.

The Fire Marshal’s Office says a smoke alarm was present, but not operating at the time of the fire.

By Kevin McManus