Fire Does Little Damage To House In Washington County

Officials say the flames were contained to the outside of the home.

Smithsburg, Md (KM) There were no injuries from a house fire in Washington County Monday morning.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says at around 10:55 AM, fire fighters were dispatched to 12968 Greensburg Road in Smithsburg, and spent 15-minutes bringing the flames under control.

Fire officials say the blaze was accidental, due to debris outside of the chimney catching fire. The fire was contained to the outside of the home, and none of the occupants was displaced.

The damage to the outside of the house is $2500.

By Kevin McManus