Westminster Apartment Catches Fire While Under Renovation

Damage is estimated at $50,000.

Westminster, Md. (NS) – A 2nd floor apartment caught fire on Monday in Westminster causing an estimated $50,000 in damage.

Around 5 p.m. firefighters were dispatched to the 1200 block of Washington Road in Westminster where a passerby saw a fire in a 3 story building.

It took 25 firefighters 15 minutes to control the flames.

Investigators say the fire originated in the kitchen of an apartment that was under renovation.

Nobody was hurt in the fire.