House Fire In Washington County Labeled Accidental

Photo Courtesy of Md. State Fire Marshal’s Office

It resulted from an electrical failure of a treadmill.

Hagerstown, Md. (KM) – The cause of a house fire in Washington County Thursday afternoon is being labeled accidental.

The State Fire Marshal’s Office says at about  1:55  PM, fire fighters responded to the 9500 block of Garis Shop Road in the Hagerstown area for a one-story, rancher-style house on fire.

They spent ten-minutes bringing the flames under control. There were no injuries.

Damage is estimated at $15,000.

Investigators say the fire originated in the garage, and was the result of an electrical failure in a treadmill.

BY Kevin McManus