He was taken into custody on Thursday without incident.
Frederick, Md. (KM) – An Ijamsville man has been charged with child pornography, animal cruelty and weapons offenses. Jason Havelt, 42, was arrested Thursday at his home in the 4300 block of Ijamsvile Road. He’s charged with:
- Child porn with the intent to promote/distribute
- Possession of child pornography
- Firearm possession with a felony conviction
- Illegal possession of ammunition
- Illegal possession of a regulated firearm
- Two counts of rifle/shotgun in possession with a felony conviction
- Two counts of possessing a rifle/shotgun being convicted of a disqualifying crime
- Seven counts of aggravated cruelty to an animal
The Frederick County Sheriff’s Office says in November, 2021, detectives received tips about animal cruelty and identified Havelt as the suspect. Investigators say they received a USB drive which showed Havelt performing sexual acts on his dogs.
They also did forensic examinations on three of Havelt’s cell phones, and found more images and videos of animal cruelty. His other electronic devices contained images of child pornography. Detectives say those images also show Havelt posing with weapons, including rifles, shotguns and handguns. He is a convicted felon and is prohibited from owning firearms.
The Sheriff’s Office says Havelt was arrested without incident and was taken to the Adult Detention Center where he’s being held without bond.
By Kevin McManus