One Man Suffers Smoke Inhalation From House Fire In Carroll County

House Fire, Nicodemus Rd. New Windsor (Photo from Md. State Fire Marshal’s Office)

The cause remains under investigation.

New Windsor, Md. (KM) – A 55-year-old man was medivaced to University of Maryland Shock Trauma in Baltimore Sunday night for smoke inhalation following a house fire in Carroll County.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says just before 8:00 PM, fire fighters were dispatched to the 1100 block of Nicodemus Road in New Windsor for a two-story, single family home on fire. They spent 45-minutesĀ  bringing the flames under control. Damage is estimated at $300,000.

The cause remains under investigation, but the Fire Marshal’s Office says the fire originated in a bedroom.

The family is being assisted by the Red Cross.

The Fire Marshal’s Office says the man who was flown to Shock Trauma is expected to make a full recovery.

By Kevin McManus