Fire Damage Garage At House In Hagerstown

Fire at 111 N. Colonial Dr. Hagerstown  (Photo from Md. State Fire Marshal’s Office)

No one was injured.

Hagerstown, Md. (KM) – Damage is estimated at $40,000 to the structure and $10,000 to the contents from a house fire in Hagerstown on Tuesday afternoon.

Just before 4:30 PM, fire fighters responded to 111 North Colonial Drive for a single-story home on fire, and spent ten-minutes bringing the flames under control. There were no injuries.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says the fire originated in the garage, and that’s where it was mostly contained. . The cause is being labeled accidental due to a malfunctioning vending machine.

The occupants of the home were not displaced.

By Kevin McManus