Fire Which Damaged Home In Williamsport Ruled Accidental

No one was hurt.

House on Hickory School Rd. in Williamsport  (Photo from Md. State Fire Marshal’s Office)

Williamsport, Md (KM) There were no injuries from a house fire in Williamsport Thursday morning.

Just before 8:30 AM, fire fighters responded to 11020 Hickory School Road for a house fire. They spent 15-minutes bringing the flames under control Damage to both the structure and the contents is estimated $40,000. .

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says the cause was accidental due to a electrical failure in a multi-plug power strip.

Investigators say the fire originated in a basement bedroom.

The Red Cross is assisting the displaced residents.

By Kevin McManus