Flood Watch In Affect Until 8 PM Friday
...FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT THIS EVENING...
* WHAT...Flash flooding caused by excessive rainfall is possible.
* WHERE...Portions of DC, Maryland, and northern Virginia, including
the following areas: in DC, District of Columbia. In Maryland,
Anne Arundel, Carroll, Central and Southeast Howard, Central and
Southeast Montgomery, Charles, Frederick MD, Northern Baltimore,
Northwest Harford, Northwest Howard, Northwest Montgomery, Prince
Georges, Southeast Harford, and Southern Baltimore. In northern
Virginia, Arlington/Falls Church/Alexandria, Central and Southeast
Prince William/Manassas/Manassas Park, Eastern Loudoun, Fairfax,
Northwest Prince William, Stafford and Western Loudoun.
* WHEN...Until 8 PM EDT this evening.
* IMPACTS...Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers,
creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- A couple rounds of slow-moving showers and thunderstorms are
likely this afternoon into this evening. A few inches of rain
is possible in a short amount of time as a result, and may
cause rapid rises of water on creeks, streams, urban and poor
drainage areas, and in other flood-prone locations.
- Please visit weather.gov/safety/flood for flood safety and
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.
By The National Weather Service, Sterling, Va.