Fire investigators say it was accidental.
Mount Airy, Md (KM) Damage is estimated at $10,000 from a house fire in Mount Airy Wednesday morning.
At around 10:18 AM, fire fighters were dispatched to 2908 Ballesteras Court for a fire at a two-story wood frame home. They spent ten minutes bringing the flames under control. There were no injuries.;
The State Fire Marshal’s Office says the fire was accidental due to leaves around a flue pipe to the fireplace.
A contractor discovered the fire which originated on the rear deck.
By Kevin McManus