Fire Heavily Damages House In Hancock

A family was displaced.

House in Hancock damaged by fire (Photo from Md. State Fire Marshal’s Office)

Hancock, Md (KM) A family was displaced following a house fire in Hancock Thursday afternoon.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says at around 4:15 PM, fire fighters responded to the 3206 B Western Pike for a one-story, single family home on fire. They spent 30-minutes bringing the flames under control. There were no reported injuries.

Damage is estimated at $125,000 to the structure, and $50,000 to the contents. .

Investigators say the fire originated in a living room wall, and was accidental due to an electrical malfunction.

The family is being assisted by the Red Cross.

By Kevin McManus