Frequently Asked Questions
How do I listen online?
Click on the Listen Live button at the top of every page or just click here to enjoy the music.
I’m having trouble listening online. What do I do?
Make sure to check our streaming support page here.
How do I get to your office?
You can find our address on the contact page.
Is WFMD on Facebook?
WFMD is on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.
NEWS & SPORTS
Questions about news…
Something about the comment line…
News Tips phone number!!!!
Questions about sports…
What local games is WFMD going to broadcast?
Calendar & &Podcast links.
PRIZES & CONTESTS
When can I pick up my prize?
Prize pick up is Monday to Thursday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
How do I enter online contests?
You have to sign up for the Listener Zone to enter online contests. You can register here.
Where can I find contest rules?
Our official rules for all contests can be found here.
Can someone else pick up my prize?
Yes, but you will have to do some extra steps:
- You need to give the full name of the person that is picking up your prize to the DJ while they taking your information.
- You can also call 301-663-4181 before your pick up deadline to add the full name of your proxy to the prize entry.
- Make sure that they have the email with your prize identification number when they come to the station.
Can prizes be mailed?
No, prizes are not mailed.
Can my tickets be left at Will Call?
Tickets will not be left at Will Call unless you are specifically told they will be left there under your name.
How long do I have to claim my prize?
Most prizes have a 30-day time limit for pick up.
Will I be taxed on my prize?
You will be taxed on your prize only if:
- Your prize is valued at $600 or more
- The value of all prizes won in a calendar year meets or exceeds $600
TRAFFIC & CLOSING
When is traffic on the air?
Mornings (5AM to 10AM) 6 times an hour and Afternoons (3PM to 7PM) 4 time an hour.
How can I give tips to WFMD’s traffic team?
Call the WFMD Studio Line: 301-694-WFMD (9373)
Where do I find closing information?
WFMD posts closing and cancellation updates on the Critical Power Storm Center page during severe weather.
How do I pay my bill online?
Advertisers can use the online bill pay page here.
Free Talk Radio
Office Phone: 301-663-4181
News Tip Line: 301-662-3103
Studio Phone: 301-694-WFMD (9363)
Comment Line: 301-663-9940
WFMD will be closed on these holidays:
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 29
- Day before Independence Day – Monday, July 3
- Independence Day – Tuesday, July 4
- Labor Day – Monday, September 4
- Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 23
- Day after Thanksgiving – Friday, November 24
- Christmas Day – Monday, December 25
There is no prize pick up on Fridays.