The panel also indicted another Thurmont man for burglary, attempted robbery.
Frederick, Md. (KM) A Thurmont man was indicted on Friday for using a pipe bomb to blow up the front of a Thurmont Police Department SUV earlier this month. Kyle Rutger Mueller, 22, is charged manufacturing a destructive device; possession of a destructive device; use of a destructive device; transporting a destructive device; three counts of reckless endangerment; malicious destruction of property more than $1,000; and two counts of malicious destruction of property less than $1,000.
Mueller was arrested for placing a pipe bomb near a Thurmont Police Department SUV. An officer had parked the vehicle near his home after going off duty. The device exploded in the early morning hours of August 3rd, damaging the front part of the vehicle. There were no injuries.
Mueller was arrested later that week.
“He had earlier expressed his dislike of officers so he was someone who was of interest,” says State’s Attorney Charlie Smith. “But we were able to track him down through a Burger King receipt, taking a look at some footage, and ultimately finding him at his home where he made several statements regarding this particular incident.”
Police say a bag of trash was found near the scene of the explosion with the Burger King receipt.
Also indicted on Friday was Ryan Jordan Wages, 19, of Thurmont. The Grand Jury charged him with attempted armed robbery for the holdup of a 7/11 store off of Route 15. In that incident, police say, an individual entered the store armed with a shotgun on July 12th. However, the clerk on duty was able to disarm the gunman, who left.
In addition, Wages was indicted on 1st-degree burglary, 3rd-degree burglary and 4th-degree burglary, along with three counts of 2nd-degree assault. These charges are in connection with a home invasion in the early morning hours of July 13th in the 13,100 block of Hiney Road. Suspects forced their way into the home, and assaulted several people inside.
Justin Eugene Tracey, 22, of Woodsboro is identified by police as a suspect in the break-in.
Also indicted on Friday by the Grand Jury:
* Levon Dwayne Bowie, 39, Harrisburg, Pa. He’s charged with possession with intent to distribute drugs; possession with intent to distribute drugs on a school bus and school property; possession of cocaine; and failing to obey a properly placed traffic control device for an incident on August 10th, 2016.
* Daniel Ramirez Figueroa, 37, Frederick, Md. He’s charged with sex abuse of a minor; three counts of 2nd-degree rape; and three counts of 3rd-degree sex offense for a series of incidents from March 1st, 2012 to November 30th, 2014.
* Roscoe Davis, 26, Frederick, Md. He’s charged with 3rd and 4th-degree burglary; two counts of 2nd-degree assault; and malicious destruction of property less than $1,000 for an incident on July 24th, 2016.
* Divad Antonio Wright, 20, Frederick Md. He’s charged with 1st-degree assault; intimidating or corrupting a witness in a felony; two counts of 2nd-degree assault; and reckless endangerment for incidents which occurred between July 31st and August 11th, 2016.
*Trey Allen Hunter, 19, Frederick, Md. He’s charged with possession with intent to distribute marijuana for an incident which occurred on August 3rd, 2016.
* Stuart Addison Delchamps, 20, Frederick, Md. He’s charged with 1st-degree malicious burning; 2nd-degree assault; malicious destruction of property more than $1,000; possession of a dangerous weapon with intent to injure; extortion between $1,000 and $10,000 for an incident on August 4th, 2016.
* Brandon Trayvon Height, 23, Baltimore, Md. He’s charged with possession with intent to distribute heroin; and personal identity fraud to avoid prosecution for an incident on July 8th, 2016.
* Winston Alphonso Cook, Jr., 35, Baltimore, Md. He’s charged with possession with intent to distribute cocaine, and possession of drug paraphernalia; and driving while suspended for an incident on June 30th, 2016.
* John Adam Smith, 23. Frederick, Md. He’s charged with two counts of sex abuse of a minor and 2nd-degree sex offense for a series of incidents between July 25th, 2014 and July 3rd, 2016.
* Kevin Alexander Flores Lemus, 18, Frederick, Md. He’s charged with 2nd-degree rape for an incident on April 4th, 2016
* Donnell Mauruce Cosley, 25, Frederick, Md. He’s charged with two counts of 3rd-degree sex offense for a series of incidents form July 1st to July 29th, 2016.
The indictments moves these cases to Circuit Court, where a trial date will be set within 180 days.