Boonsboro Barn Fire Under Investigation

BOONSBORO, Md. (KR) The State Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating a barn fire that happened in Boonsboro.

Firefighters responded to the scene of a pole barn in the 7800 block of Mapleville Road in Washington County at 4:13 PM on Monday.

Authorities say the accidental fire was caused by sparks from someone working on a truck that ignited into flames. It took 72 firefighters from Boonsboro, 30 minutes to bring the fire under control.

Total loss is estimated at 120-thousand dollars.