House Fire Displaces Clear Spring Family

Investigators say the blaze was accidental.


Clear Spring, Md (KM) A Clear Spring family was displaced after their house caught fire early Thursday morning.

At around 6:19 AM, fire  fighters were called to the home at 13,138 Draper Road, and spent 40-minutes bringing the flames under control.

Damage to the one-story, wood frame house  is estimated at $250,000 to the structure, and $100,000 to the contents. .

There were no injuries.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says the fire was accidental, and originated on the exterior porch. The night before, the family had been grilling on the porch when the grill tipped over, spilling charcoal embers which were still smoldering. The family put out the embers with water. But some live embers under the porch failed to go out and continued to smolder, causing the house to catch fire the next day.


By Kevin McManus