Fire Damages House In Carroll County

Investigators say it was accidental due to food on the stove.


Manchester, Md (KM) The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office  says unattended cooking is being labeled the cause of a house fire Wednesday afternoon in Carroll County.

At around 2:28 PM, 20 fire fighters were dispatched to 3422 Warehime Rood in Manchester for a one-alarm fire, and spent ten-minutes bringing the flames under control.

Damage is estimated at $5,000 to the structure, and $1,000 to the contents.

One occupant of the home suffered minor burns, but refused treatment at the scene, or transport to the hospital, according to the State Fire Marshal.. .

The fire originated in the kitchen and was discovered by one of the occupants. .


By Kevin McManus