Single Family Home Damaged By Fire

One person was injured.



Cascade, Md (KM ) Fire damaged a two-story, single family home in Cascade in Washington County  on Wednesday morning.

The State Fire Marshal’s Office says personnel from the Smithsburg Volunteer Fire Company responded at around 6:09 AM to  25,303 Springdale Avenue for a house fire. They spent 45-minutes bringing the flames under control.

One man who lived in the home suffered injuries to both of his wrists after jumping from the second story to escape the fire.

Damage is estimated at $170,000 to the house, and $50,000 to the contents. .

Fire Marshal’s Office investigators say the fire originated in the living room interior wall. The cause was accidental due to an electrical event in the wiring.


By Kevin McManus