Burn Injuries Send Washington County Man To Hospital

He was smoking while using home oxygen.


Hagerstown, Md (KM) A Washington County man was taken to the hospital on Tuesday afternoon suffering from burn injuries.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says at around 4:30 PM, fire fighters were sent to a mobile home at 15635 Deer Lodge Circle north of Hagerstown for a man who was suffering from second-degree burns.

Officials say Charles Socks, 59, is on home oxygen, and was smoking a cigarette inside his house. . The heat from the cigarette ignited the oxygen, causing a flash burn to his face.

He was taken to Meritus Medical Center for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.

Fire officials say there was no damage to the mobile home.


By Kevin McManus