Fire Displaces Family In Westminster







Fire started by heat lamp in chicken coop

Westminster, Md. (DG) – A one-alarm fire causes significant damage to a home in Carroll County early Sunday morning.

Firefighters responded to the 2200 block of Old Washington Road shortly before 3 AM for a two story home on fire.

It took 25 firefighters 30 minutes to put out the flames out.

Investigators say the fire was accidental, and was caused by a heat lamp within a chicken coop.

All three residents of the home have been displaced. Damage is estimated at $150,000.