Five-Bay Garage In Washington County Damaged By Fire


Photo from Maryland State Fire Marshals Office Facebook








There were no injuries.


Hagerstown, Md (KM) Damage is estimated at $100,000 from a garage fire in the Hagerstown area early Wednesday morning.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says fire fighters were dispatched at 3:38 AM to 12219 West Lawn Lane, and spent 35-minutes bringing the flames under control. No one was hurt.

The fire damaged a brick framed, detached garage with five bays for vehicles. The estimate of damage  was  $60,000 to the structure, and $40,000 to the contents.

Investigators say the fire originated in a stove pipe going into a chimney. They say the stove pipe was clogged, causing the flames to escape into the roof rafters.

The fire was discovered by a neighbor.


By Kevin McManus