There were no injuries.
Hagerstown, Md (KM) Damage is estimated at $100,000 from a garage fire in the Hagerstown area early Wednesday morning.
The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says fire fighters were dispatched at 3:38 AM to 12219 West Lawn Lane, and spent 35-minutes bringing the flames under control. No one was hurt.
The fire damaged a brick framed, detached garage with five bays for vehicles. The estimate of damage was $60,000 to the structure, and $40,000 to the contents.
Investigators say the fire originated in a stove pipe going into a chimney. They say the stove pipe was clogged, causing the flames to escape into the roof rafters.
The fire was discovered by a neighbor.
By Kevin McManus