Failure Of Woodstove Causes House Fire In Taneytown

Damage is estimated at $25,000.



Taneytown, Md (KM) The cause of a house fire Sunday morning in Taneytown is being labeled accidental due to the failure of an operating woodstove.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says shortly after 6:00 AM, fire fighters were dispatched to the 2000 block of Otterdale Mill Road for a two-story wood frame house on fire. They spent 30-minutes bringing the flames under control. There were no injuries.

Damage is estimated at $20,000 to the structure, and $5,000 to the contents. .

Investigators say the fire originated in the interior of the home, and was discovered by an occupant.



Courtesy OSFM