He was injured in a motorcycle crash in Emmitsburg.
Frederick, Md. (KM) – The Frederick County Sheriff’s Office says an individual is facing numerous charges in Maryland for stealing a police vehicle from Pennsylvania. Robert Slusser of Bloomsberg, Pennsylvania was arrested Sunday afternoon in Emmisburg following a motorcycle crash.
Pennsylvania State Police notified the Sheriff’s Office and Thurmont Police that a stolen police vehicle was entering Maryland along US 15. . The stolen Pennsylvania State Police car was located on Depaul Street in Emmitsburg.
Moments later, authorities received notice about a motorcycle crash on North Seton Avenue. Slusser was transported to Meritus Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.
The Sheriff’s Office says Slusser has been identified as the suspect who stole the Pennsylvania State Police car. In Maryland, he’s charged with:
- Motor Veh/Unlawful taking
- Theft $1,500 to Under $25,000
- Unlawful Removal of Motor Vehicle
- Burglary -4th Degree Theft
- Fraud -Per. Ident. Avoid Pros.
- Person Driving Motor Veh on HWY, Public use Property on Suspended out of State License
Pennsylvania authorities have charged Slusser with:
- Aggravated Assault (Felony 1) – Law Enforcement
- 2 other counts of Aggravated Assault (Felony 2)
- Fleeing (Felony 3)
- Theft of Vehicle (Felony 3)
- Other Misdemeanor and Summary charges
Slusser also has three open warrants in Pennsylvania for theft.
By Kevin McManus