These cases move to Circuit Court where trials will be scheduled.
Frederick, Md. (KM) – Nine indictments were returned on Friday by the Frederick County Grand Jury.
Anthony Ajene Byrd , 21, and Markus Asa Thomas Marvine, 23, both of Frederick, were charged as co-defendants by the panel with numerous drug and weapons offenses. Frederick Police arrested the two men last month following a search at an apartment on Waverly Drive where five firearms were found along with large quantities of drugs.
The Grand Jury charges against the two men are use of a firearm in drug trafficking; drug distribution with a firearm; possession with intent to distribute narcotics (psilocybin mushrooms) in a school district; possession with intent to distribute PCP/ LSD psilocybin mushrooms; possession of psilocybin mushrooms; possession with intent to distribute marijuana in a school district; conspiracy to possess marijuana; possession of marijuana; and possession of ten grams or more of marijuana.
Also indicted Ronald Joseph Babco, Jr, 34, of Frederick, whose charged with sex abuse of a minor; two counts of eluding or escaping from a police officer; and one count of negligent driving.
In May, Frederick Police say they received information about a possible sex offense with a juvenile as the victim. . Babco was identified as the suspect, and an arrest warrant was obtained. . Detectives tried to take him into custody on June 27th, but he drove away in a car. He was apprehended a few days later at a Hagerstown hotel by US Marshals.
Other indictments returned are:
- Christopher Allen Longerbeam, 24, of Myersville, Md;, whose charged with 2nd-degree burglary–general theft between $100 to $1500; malicious destruction of property less than $1,000; conspiracy to commit 2nd-degree burglary; conspiracy to commit theft between $100 and $1500 for an offense which occurred on January 13th, 2022.
- Mary Alice Seward, 41, of Frederick, who is charged with 1st-degree burglary; 4th-degree burglary on a dwelling; theft between $100 and $1500; conspiracy to commit 1st-degree burglary; conspiracy to commit theft between $100 to $1500; theft scheme between $100 to $1500; conspiracy to commit theft scheme between $100 to $1500 for an offense which occurred on October 27th, 2021.
- Stanley Michael Dykes, 50, of Hagerstown, Md, whose charged with 1st-degree assault and 2nd-degree assault for an offense which occurred on June 21st, 2022
- Jesse Brook Erich, 39, of Frederick, whose charged with 1st-degree child abuse with severe physical injury; 2nd-degree child abuse by a custodian; 1st-degree assault; 2nd-degree assault; neglect of a minor; reckless endangerment; theft less than $100; possession of drug paraphernalia (crack pipe) for an offense which occurred on June 18th, 2022.
- Julio Rene Carpio-Arana, 39, of Frederick, whose charged with 2nd-degree assault and 2nd-degree child abuse by a custodian for an offense which occurred on May 4th, 2022
- David Anthony Tith, 38, of Martinsburg, WV, whose charged with possession with intent to distribute fentanyl, for an offense which occurred on June 29th, 2022.
These indictments move these cases to the Circuit Court where trial dates will be scheduled.
The Frederick County State’s Attorney’s Office says an indictment is a charging document and all defendants are innocent until proven guilty.
By Kevin McManus